At AppOn, we take your privacy seriously, and we want you to know how we manage your personal information.
We don’t want our privacy practices to be confusing, so the list below highlights a few of the key sections for your convenience. For the complete Policy, click here.
• Personal Information: Personal information you provide to a Vendor, such as your full name and email address, is stored in the AppOn database and shared with the Vendor(s) on your behalf. We also collect and store information about the device(s) you use to access the App or the AppOn site. Such information includes your device’s IP address, websites and / or other content you have accessed, and interactions you have had with the Vendor’s App and / or with the AppOn site. Additional information may be collected if you choose to share it with AppOn, including geo-location and data stored in your social media accounts.
• Children’s Information: AppOn will not knowingly or willingly collect any personal information about or from children under the age of 13.
• Use of Your Information: AppOn will share your personal information with the Vendor(s) as appropriate for their use in managing their App(s). AppOn will also use your information to improve our services to you; we will notify you of App updates, new and relevant services, upgrades to our mobile platform, and other related changes or updates.
• Sharing Your Information: AppOn will share your personal information with the Vendor(s), and we may share your information, as needed, with other parties as part of our efforts to improve an App’s functionality or performance, to improve our own site and services, or in connection with other related communications, including advertising.
• Anonymous Information: AppOn may collect aggregate information that does not identify you personally, and we reserve the right to use this anonymous data for any needed purpose.
• App Advertisements and Links: AppOn is not responsible for any third-party advertisements or links in a Vendor’s App, and we are not responsible for any personal information collected by third parties via clicks in a Vendor’s App. Therefore, AppOn encourages you to review the Privacy Policies for all third parties before accessing them through an App.
• Storing and Processing Your Information: By interacting with a Vendor’s App, or with the AppOn site, you are granting AppOn permission to store your personal information, and to process it as needed, in locations outside your jurisdiction.
• Accessing Your Information: You are welcome to contact AppOn at any time to access your personal information collected through your use of a Vendor’s App or through your interactions with the AppOn site. Please email us at info[at]appon.io to place your request. You may also email us at any time to request that AppOn delete your personal information.
• Securing Your Information: AppOn will take all possible steps to ensure your personal information is secure at all times, including, but not limited to: the use of data security systems and up-to-date security procedures. However, due to the nature of the Internet, AppOn cannot guarantee your personal information will be safe from every threat, breach, or malfunction.
• Policy Changes: Any changes made to the Policy will be announced through the AppOn website and all Vendor Apps.
• Contact: Your privacy is important to us. Please feel free to email AppOn at any time with questions.
By using AppOn’s site or services, or by accessing a Vendor’s App, your personal information is collected by AppOn in two ways: 1) information you provide, and 2) information AppOn collects automatically.
• Information You Provide: When you access an App, the vendor may ask you to furnish personal information as part of the service(s) provided by the App itself, or to enable the App’s functionality. The personal information you provide is determined, and explicitly requested, by the Vendor, but is stored in the AppOn database and shared with the Vendor by AppOn. If you choose not to provide the information requested by the Vendor, you may not be able to access the App, or the service(s) to which the information is connected.
• Information Collected by AppOn: Information AppOn collects automatically from your use of the site and / or App(s) is as follows:
– Your device’s unique ID (the Android UDID or iOS UUID);
– The IP address your device uses to connect to the Internet;
– Your device type;
– Your device’s operating system;
– Websites and online content you have accessed on your device;
– All interactions you make with the App(s), including when and how many times you log in, if you have accessed any links or advertisements through the App, which App pages you access and how often you access them, and if you have received notifications from the App.
Geo-Location and Social Media
Some Apps may ask if you are willing to share additional personal information, such as your geographic location and data stored in your social media accounts. These are opt-in shares, and the App(s) will ask you for permission before accessing this information.
However, if you are concerned about sharing your geo-location, you can make changes to that setting directly on your mobile device.
If you opt-in to share the data in your social media accounts, AppOn will only collect your name, email address, social network ID, and how you manage your social media shares through the App. We will not collect any security information, like passwords, and we encourage you to review your social media networks’ privacy policies for instruction on how to manage the access and retrieval of information from your accounts.
AppOn will not knowingly or willingly collect any personal information about or from children under the age of 13.
Use of Your Information
AppOn will only use your personal information in the following ways:
• Sharing it with the Vendor(s) for their use in managing their App(s) – see next section for more details;
• Communicating with you about the App(s) through push notifications;
• Updating the App as needed on your device;
• Improving your experience with AppOn and its Vendors;
• Managing AppOn’s mobile platform and operations;
• Preventing the mis-use and abuse of the AppOn site and / or any of its Vendors’ Apps;
• Ensuring AppOn and its customers are in compliance with all applicable laws and statutes;
• Assisting you with any concerns or disputes about AppOn, its Vendors, and its services.
Sharing Your Information
AppOn will share or transfer your personal information in the following cases only:
• With the Vendor: Information you provide as requested by the Vendor to access or use an App and its services(s) will be shared with the Vendor for the management of their App(s);
• With Third Parties Selected by AppOn: Information needed by other parties recruited and selected by AppOn to help us improve our service to you, to help us improve an App’s functionality and performance, and / or to improve our mobile platform’s operations;
• With Advertising Agencies: If you willingly share your geo-location, your information may be shared with advertising agencies for targeted ad campaigns;
• With Law Enforcement and Legal Authorities: Your information can and will be shared with any applicable law enforcement agency or legal authority if AppOn has found you are abusing the AppOn site, its services, its Vendors, and its Vendors’ Apps, or if we learn you have broken any applicable laws. AppOn will also comply with legal requests for your personal information if required to do so by law, such as through a subpoena or search warrant;
• With Other App Users: If you upload media to an App, such as photos, video, or audio recordings, your information may be shared with the other users and with the Vendor;
• With Corporate Affiliates: Your personal information may be shared with, or transferred to, any organizations affiliated with AppOn, including those under AppOn’s control, those partnered with AppOn under an entity’s control, or those that control AppOn, either directly or indirectly.
Additional Cases for Sharing Your Information
If there are any cases – in addition to the ones outlined above – that will necessitate the sharing or transferring of your personal information, AppOn will contact you to obtain your explicit permission.
AppOn will collect and store certain aggregate data that is completely anonymous, and will not identify you in any way. We reserve the right to use such data for communications with our Vendors and third parties at any time.
App Advertisements and Links
Storing and Processing Your Information
AppOn and its Vendors are Internet-based operations and as such, may store and process your personal information in countries all across the globe. If you live in a location that requires your consent to store your information outside that location, you are providing it explicitly to AppOn by accessing our services and our Vendors’ Apps.
Accessing Your Information
You are welcome to contact AppOn at any time to access any and all of your personal information we have collected. Please email us at info[at]appon.io to place your request. You may also email us at any time to request that AppOn delete your personal information. At the time we receive your request(s), we may ask you for additional information to verify your identity.
Securing Your Information
AppOn will take all possible steps to ensure your personal information is secure at all times, and that damage, loss, or unauthorized access and use are mitigated. However, due to the nature of the Internet, AppOn cannot guarantee your personal information will be safe from every threat, breach, or malfunction. Therefore, by becoming a customer of AppOn, and accessing an App managed by one of our Vendors, you will not hold AppOn liable for the damage, loss, or unauthorized access of your personal information achieved in spite of AppOn’s security protocols and procedures.
• Substantial changes will go into effect 30 days after the announcement;
• Minor changes will go into effect 7 days after the announcement;
• Any changes to the Policy required by legal standards will be effective immediately after the announcement.
Your continued use of AppOn and any Apps following the publication of Policy changes signifies your approval of these changes and your agreement to abide by them. If you do not agree with Policy changes, you will need to uninstall any and all Apps you have accessed and refrain from using AppOn or any of its services.
Your privacy is important to us. Please feel free to email AppOn at any time with questions, comments, or requests.